Uzhavarbumi in 2021
Author : Team UB
Updated : 30/Dec/21
As the second wave of COVID spread, Uzhavarbumi had to take severe measures to keep our environment safe for our employees. And had to take steps to procure & deliver our Fresh Milk in the safest way possible. Here is a review of Uzhavarbumi’s 2021!
- Empowering and encouraging women in our delivery network. We presented the Best Women Entrepreneur Award to Mrs. Divya Gokul, one of our highly dedicated Dealers on March 12th.
- Expanded our service to 3 new areas Perambur, Vepery, Purasaiwakkam in March.
- NaveenaUzhavan YouTube Channel Featured us on one of their videos on March 28th.
- We faced an intense summer this year, we received multiple complaints about milk spoilage. We put out a blog post to ensure customers understand how to store #FreshCowMilk during hot weather.
- We were under lockdown in May. Our employees, milk suppliers, dealers, and delivery agents continued to deliver Milk every day despite the pandemic. An attempt by UB for Our customers’ families to stay nourished in the comfort of their homes.
- We reached a big milestone! We delivered over 3,500 Liters of Fresh Cow Milk By the 29th of May.
- On World Milk Day, June 1st, we launched a new product. A stainless-steel baby feeding bottle with detachable top & bottom lids. An attempt to make UB Milk safe & accessible for newborns.
- Celebrating #SelfieDay, Uzhavarbumi initiated a challenge, “Every Day is a Selfie Day, With Every Selfie, gift a Drink” As a result Uzhavarbumi, donated Milk to No Food Waste (Chennai).
- Expanded our delivery areas to 4 new places - Chintadripet, Egmore, Parrys Corner, and Pudupet.
- In mid July, we conducted an event to appreciate our dealers and presented UB Dealer Awards to them.
- On July 24th, UzhavarBumi Celebrated the 4th Anniversary. As part of the celebration, an online event was conducted, a new video was published on our YouTube channel – Impact of UB on Rural Farmers.
- On the 1st of August, Uzhavarbumi revised our product prices to Rs.65 for 1000ml & Rs.35 for 500ml of Fresh Cow Milk, before this revision we have previously revised our prices back in Oct 2019.
- Expanded our delivery areas to Poonamallee, Ayapakkam, SenneerKuppam, TrunkRoad, and Karayanchavadi.
- On September the 1st, UzhavarBumi was officially 1500 days old!
- We put up a milk meter on our website, for customers to see the purity of our milk, which is updated every day from the results from sample testing - September 13th.
- Expanded our delivery areas to New Perungalathur, Kandigai, Vangapakam, Mappedu, Kaspapuran, and Tiruvanchery
- New Product (Free Range Country Chicken Eggs) Launch with the collaboration of HappyHens - September 15th.
- Expanded our service in 3 new areas to Chengalpattu, and Mahindra City.
- Our Founder, Mr. Vetrivel received recognition from Rotary Start-up Awards for #BestAgroFoodSupplier2021 for Uzhavarbumi on October 2nd.
- The Kurinjipadi Arivai Farmers Producer Company, a team empowering 1000+ women in the agricultural field, visited our new factory on the 3rd of October.
- NaveenaUzhavan’s YouTube channel featured us for the second time on November 18th, this time they showcased how our dealerships work.
- On November 26th, we opened our office in Chennai, this has been a long time coming, but finally, we are much closer to our Dealers & Customers.
- We lead a Training Camp on Traditional Herbal & Medical Treatment for Livestock, on December 18th.
2021 has been a major learning lesson for UB. This year has impacted us like non-other since UB’s inception. We Look Forward to a great #2022!
Simple, Safe & Quick